iOS is under the ownership of Apple in the world of operating system (OS) for its handheld devices, such as the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. The Job of iOS developer is responsible for developing applications for mobile devices powered by Apple’s iOS operating system. The demand for this job is highest in the present era of Information and Technology. The pay increases with increase in demand.
iOS Developers have to write the specification about the application and also design it! They have to build, test, implement and sometimes have to come with the supporting applications using programming languages and development tools.To enter the world of iOS development has been proved to be fruitful for both experienced as well as entry-level programmers as it has solid paying job offers and exciting chance to work with progressive companies and achieve niche world for living. The average pay for an iOS Developer is Rs 347,991 per year. The iOS developer jobs in bangalore are available in abundance.
For those with little or even no experience in computer programming, entering the field of iOS development can be difficult. High salaries represent an investment in the potential to produce high quality, stable apps that can be marketed as soon as possible.
Companies who are into development of OS want to hire the best candidate for the position which can make the competition high in the market. And therefore they have to be sure that a candidate has the skill to be productive as part of a team of programmers who are focused on getting apps published. Simply, they want to see a track record of success. If you’re a beginner programmer, with no track record, then your best move is to create one.
You can also check for:
One has to follow the three basic steps for making the profile strong. The steps are: Learn, Create and Volunteer!! If one does not know anything but one is keen for this field, then it’s obvious that one needs to learn the iOS development which is not tough. Through the sources available effective learning can be achieved within days! Just the learning is not the end, one also needs to create the app, i.e. implement the learning in the real life scenario! Final thing to be is to showcase work.
Even before learning, creating and volunteering, there is a list of pre-requisite which needs to be fulfilled if one needs to undertake the iOS development. Below mentioned are few requirements:
- A good quality Apple computer
- An iDevice, iPad, iPod, iPhone
- Membership in the iOS Developer Program
- Download and learn Xcode IDE
- Download and learn Interface Builder
True iOS expertise extends far beyond coding knowledge. Highly experienced iOS developers will have a thorough understanding of the iOS platform, its behavior, its effects and the relative merits and demerits of the various implementation options available.
iOS is designed and developed to support the various touch devices of Apple. Direct manipulation can be applied to the input with system responding to various human gestures such as pinching, tapping and swiping, shaking the device to undo the most recent action.
Other iOS features include:
- Integrated searchsupport enables simultaneous search through files, media, applications and email
- Google Maps direction services
- Safarimobile browser
- Integrated camera and video
- Integrated media player
- Direct access to the Apple Store’s catalogue of applications, music, podcasts, television shows and movies
- Compatibility with Apple’s cloud service, iCloud
iOS developers should have deep knowledge and strong foundation of the working of iOS platform. The patterns and the practices followed by iOS should be clearly understood by those who developing it. They should have ability to develop native, structurally sound software for iOS and Mac OS X platforms. Having known the mentioned features, the chances to grab the iOS developement jobs in other cities like Chennai, Noida, Hyderabad, Delhi, etc increases.
To be updated with current technology trends for the iOS platform such as UX/UI is mandatory for them and they have to work with new functionality exposed through Apple’s SDKs which change annually.
As we continue to mature as an industry, the ability to utilize project management software, version control systems and develop automated testing and deployment strategies is a must have skill. iOS Developer should possess a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits and should be able work with team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of mobile applications.
Also try for:
Responsibilities of an iOS developer:
- To define, design ,build and deliver advanced applications for the iOS platform
- To collaborate with cross-functional teams
- To test code of every module for robustness
- To ensure usability and reliability
- To fix bugs
- To improve performance
- To discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies
- To maximize development efficiency
The iOS Developer job description also contains study and in-hand experience with the tools like
- iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
- offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- RESTful APIs for connetion of iOS applications to back-end services
Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines is a must required prerequisite. Further polishing the knowledge of web technologies and UI/UX standards, low-level C-based libraries, code versioning tools like Git,cloud message APIs and push notifications is beneficial.
The education requirements that one needs to satisfy are not in abundance, just few primary terms and conditions to be an iOS developer are:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Working experience in iOS development
- A deep familiarity with Objective-C and Cocoa Touch
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
The various types of iOS Developer job positions that are available are:
- Associate Software Engineer
- iPhone Developer
- Mobile Applications Developer
- Senior Software Engineer
- Software Engineer/Developer/Programmer
The skills that can affect the salary of an iOS developer in the descending order are strong foundation of iPhone,Swift, iOS and SDK, C++, Xcode, Java.The average pay for an iOS Developer is Rs 347,991 per year.